Read on If you are in a relationship with a person who has mental health issues.
- Repeat this in your head hundred times a day: IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY. Be Patient. If you really love them you have to be patient with them. Nothing else will work.
- TRANSPARENCY & INVOLVEMENT: Keep things transparent with them. They cannot handle obscurity. One little doubt in their mind can inflate to a huge level. They can overthink and ruin everything. Think through the level of life sharing you can do when you know you like someone who has mental health issues. You’ll need to share your life in every bit,keep them on the same page,same line. All mental health diseases have one thing in common: Overthinking.If you think you aren’t prepared to curb their tendency of overthinking by sharing your life with them 100% then don’t get involved.
- ASSURE: M/H issues make one do &say things they don’t mean/want to. Try to understand the fight they are going through. Help them fight this war in their mind.Don’t fight against them.Fight with them.Tell them that you understand, assure them that you are there no matter what.
- LISTEN:You need to be a good listener. You might feel they are clingy. And they tend to be,because they are too emotionally dependent.They have a lot going on in their mind.Ask them, be a part of it all.Listen to them,even if you can’t find a solution,just listening will help
- AVOID:Calling them mad,blaming them,cheating on them,ghosting, blocking,abuse,arguments,fights. It will only make things worse.
If you think you can love them despite their issues, express your feelings and concerns. If you think you can’t handle, be honest & leave decently.
One thought on “Are you in a relationship with someone who has Mental Health Issues? Read On”
On Mon, Jun 1, 2020, 14:52 Ruchi Kokcha Writes… wrote:
> RuchiKokcha posted: ” Read on If you are in a relationship with a person > who has mental health issues. Repeat this in your head hundred times a day: > IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY. Be Patient. If you really love them you have to > be patient with them. Nothing else will work.TRA” >